If you have received an e-mail like the below quote this means that your SSL certificate will expire soon.
Your RapidSSL certificate will expire in 59 Days! It is critical that you renew your certificate as soon as possible in order to ensure that your website’s sensitive information remains secure.
Depending on how quickly you renew, GeoTrust will add up to 3 months to your new certificate to allow you to renew today without losing any of your existing certificate validity period. ”
In order to ensure the security of your website and to avoid interruptions of the SSL encryption of the data being secured by your SSL certificate you will need to renew the SSL certificate.
To renew your certificate, please do the following:
1. Login to your web hosting control panel.
2. Go to My domains -> SSL Certificates menu.
3. Click on the expiration date of the SSL certificate.
4. Follow the same configuration procedure as you did for your previous certificate or change any of the information if necessary.
5. Make sure the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for your new certificate contains the same Domain Name/Host as your previous certificate.
6. Accept the User Agreement and click on Renew SSL Certificate.
The renewal process will only take a few minutes.